Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Moose VS The Nissan Versa

So now we are a few days into May and the snow seems to have finally let up.  We woke up yesterday to about 7 inches of the wet stuff with a high no greater than 39 for the next several days.  Currently we are having the second coldest spring in a 100 years... and it is BOGUS!

Driving home tonight from the "Gig Simulator" I put on at the Marlin, a classy Fairbanks establishment, I couldn't stop thinking about when I had a mustache and I plowed into a moose at about 55mph on my road. I haven't seen a moose near my place in a while and tonight was a night for moosery, or it at least felt like I was ripe for a moose encounter.  I just keep thinking of me in my 2009 Nissan Versa.  I had just paid off my loan on the car two days before and received my title in the mail.  I had the option of taking the full coverage off of it.  Lucky I didn't.

Don't mess with the Versa.  It took out that moose and I drove away without a scratch on me.  The Versa, well, it has gone to a better place.  Where automobiles and moose frolic together in the meadows and muskeg.  They call it Delta Junction, where all cars that almost died get fixed up good enough to last a week of driving and are resold to hunt moose again. There is a lot of wind in Delta Junction.  In Fairbanks there is barely any wind, ever.  That is why the saying goes; Fairbanks may suck, but Delta blows.

No comments:

Post a Comment