Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day - the day the leaves came back

The leaves all came out the day I get home from a five day work week on the road.  Nothing better than coming home to this and 70+ temps.  To think two weeks ago it was 38F.

When I sit and think about the sacrifices that others have made so the rest of us can live in relative comfort and freedom here in the United States I kinda get all choked up and teary eyed.  To think that if the soldiers of today and yesterday weren't there to protect my freedoms I would not be fixing my three wheeler today nor would I be heading out to re-cut a 15 year old overgrown trail with my mini chainsaw.  I wouldn't be rocking an outhouse that overlooks the beautiful Spinach Creek valley.  Most importantly I wouldn't be able to make a living as a full time ukulele entertainer if it wasn't for them.

So a tip of the hat to the great members of the military, past and present.  Without you there wouldn't be room for me or my ukulele.

Happy memorial day everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment