Sunday, January 4, 2015

Molding Young Minds


Every year I get to go entertain the whole student body of my alma mater, Maine Central Institute. It is always a highlight for me to come rock a gym I have had countless hours of wrestling practice and years of fond memories of high school dances and what not. However, once a year they file all the students and staff in and I get to grandstand in front of them for a half hour or so.
Here is a clip from last year's performance where I do my shtick on how all music is the same. That is why you can put the words for Gilligan's Island over the music to Stairway to Heaven and throw in Freebird and some Metallica for good measure. I can't wait to get to entertain the good people of MCI tomorrow. It is one of the gigs I play that I look forward to every year. Plus, who wouldn't want to go back to their high school and finally be "the cool guy". So what if I'm 32. I'm finally the cool kid at my high school. Judge me if you want, but somewhere deep in the back of your mind you want to do the same thing. I figure if I get this down it will warm me up for being the cool guy in 2021 at my 20 year class reunion. Practice makes perfect. 


No comments:

Post a Comment