Thursday, January 22, 2015

Georgia you're such a peach!

I have been having a great time in Georgia. This week I have been relaxing with my brother and his family here in Hotlanta so I haven't been doing too much ukuleleing, however I did slip away to go visit Mike at the Uke Republic just outside of Atlanta to talk some shop at his shop! It isn't that often that I as a ukulele professional from Alaska get to hang out in an actual store devoted solely to ukuleles. I felt like I was in Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory and I had the golden ticket.

It was really great getting to know Mike and his lovely wife in real life and not just on the old book of faces. FYI -- they are not just figments of my internet imagination. They are real people with an awesome shop! I can't wait to get home and sport my Uke Republic shirt to the masses. They also gave me a complimentary kazoo. I might have to dust off my kazoo skills.... Perhaps for my version of the final countdown. That would be some hot poop right there!

Other than that I have just been taking it easy and enjoying time with my Bro. Tomorrow I am off to Valdosta, GA. to open for a band at the Ashley Street Station. Should be a good time! I always really enjoy playing new venues and rocking new faces. The south has been great to me thus far on this tour and I am sure it will continue to be. To Valdosta I go! Then I will just be having vacation until I return to the frozen snowy north.

After south Georgia it is off to Florida for some more sun, fun, my parents, and possibly some Disney action. I'm a sucker for EPCOT. I will leave you on this moment of zen from the Uke Republic!

No comments:

Post a Comment