Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Let the hunt for America Day begin

Today I pack up my van with all the right stuff for my journey into the vast Denali Highway wilderness with the Parks Highway Band.  I'm taking all the right gear with me that will be needed for such an expedition.  I will be scouting for bears tomorrow since where I'm going has the largest concentration for interior brown bears, otherwise known as grizzlies, in the state.  Fortunate for me and the boys we are rocking the most awesome lesser known 4th of July show in the state.  70 miles down a dirt road through the mountains to about 4,000+ft to the side of a bluff that overlooks the pristine Susitna River valley.  There you will find the Alpine Creek Lodge.(https://www.facebook.com/alpine.c.lodge?fref=ts)

This will be my third year playing this gathering of great people and a marathon 6+ hours of rocking with the Parks Highway Band and our very special friend Mr. Merrill J. Miller
(https://www.facebook.com/MerrillJMiller?fref=ts)

Time to load up the three wheeler, my side arm, my rifle, all my skinning and cutting gear, game bags, bug nets, sighting scope,  and my plastic Jesus for good luck... oh yeah, and my ukulele of course.  It is time to hunt for America and my freezer.  

So come out if you want to know what real freedom is on this Independence Day.  Mile 68 on the Denali Highway.  70 miles from the nearest town or power line.  Leave your cell phone at home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment