Wednesday, June 5, 2013

On my wall hangs the noble...

Arctic Grayling.  Well, it isn't a real grayling, it is a rug my Mother hooked for me.  And she didn't do it on a corner either.  She's a stand up rug hooking lady.  Anyway I thought the people out there would enjoy some of Alaskan inspired art on my cabin's wall.  It reminds me that I need to go fishing in between the mass tree cutting adventure I'm currently in the middle of.  There has been too much to do with fixing the three wheeler to get in and out of my property since my van won't make it in.  The constant sharpening and maintaining my saw among other things is getting old especially with all the skeeters.

Little know Alaskan fact -- There are something like 17 different species of mosquitoes here in AK.  The season always starts with the big dumb quarter sized slow ones which soon turns into the small smart ones.  After that the tiger striped ones come out...  I think I might be paying too much attention to the bugs.  They are driving me crazy.  That is part of the reason I need to cut more trees.  I need the sun to dry the place out.        

On a side note I'm looking at buying a second three wheeler tomorrow.  I'm starting my fleet.  I can see it now, Ukulele Russ's ATC (ALL TERRIAN CYCLE) Adventures.  Or ATC could stand for Arctic Tundra Cycle.  OOoooo I'm on to something however before I start giving tours I need to write up a 25 page release form that relieves me of all responsibility of personal injury and what not.  If you don't have sweet three wheeler riding skills you should not attempt turning.  That can be bad.

Nothing like a Honda Big Red and some time to kill.  I have been out riding at midnight with no sign of night time in sight.  No darkness here this time of year.  Game on.  


No comments:

Post a Comment