Friday, June 7, 2013

Why just have one three wheeler?

When for the price of a new tire you can buy a whole other parts wheeler with a good tire on it?  That is how it goes here in AK.  Yesterday I popped a tire coming home from my wood cutting expedition and I started my search for another front tire.  After a few minutes of browsing websites of tire distributors for a new rubber it looked like it was going to be $80 for a tire and another $75 for shipping.  So I did what any good consumer does...  I went to Craigslist.  Within five hours I had another wheeler with only one good, nearly brand new, tire on it.  The size I needed and only $75 for the whole package!

Now I need to get this other wheeler running.  No key... looks like I'm gonna have to try to hot wire it.  It turns over.  There is a hope.  Honda Big Reds are indestructible

Fairbanks Summer Folk Fest tomorrow @ Pioneer Park - 6:20pm

The Marlin - tomorrow night @ 10pm - Fairbanks!

4 comments:

  1. Great idea Russ! You don't have Yorkshire roots do you? And I couldn't help but notice that you've got a couple of bad mozzie bites on your chest there. I'd get them checked out by a doctor. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you buy tickets?? To the gun show?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Several. As many as you can effectively carry at once.

    I'm actually in the process right now of writing a bear safety rap called "Brought a gun". It is very informative about how to deal with or react to the different types of bears you might encounter here in the last ukulele frontier.

    ReplyDelete