Monday, April 15, 2013

Welcome to the Last Ukulele Frontier

ALASKA!!!!!!!  The Last Ukulele Frontier!


One adrift alone in the guitarist's jungle is here to bring light onto the greatest stringed instrument known to man, the ukulele.  That's right, the little one with the plastic strings.  Well guess what?  I'll tell you something you might be interested in knowing.  Limitations are for people, not ukuleles.

I'm the kind of guy who opts for the Geo Metro in the Mac Truck world we live in.  I live on the edge of civilization in interior Alaska in a dry cabin.  Dry? Cabin?  Yes.  No running water.  No plumbing unless you count the sink I have in my kitchen that drains into a bucket.  Yes....I have an outhouse.

I hunt moose.  I harvest salmon for the freezer and slay the trout.  I snowshoe into strange hard to get places and tool around on the trails on my three wheeler...because I can't afford four.  I play ukulele for a living.

Several years ago I used to tour the lower 48 with a funk rock band.  Now I play full time in the last frontier, Alaska.  From elementary school classrooms to raunchy bars. I do it all.



5 comments:

  1. And this is why I love you! At last, I now have somewhere to catch up on my Alaskan ukulele gossip! All Hail the Russ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i heard you could get pregnant by holding ukulele russ' ukulele between your legs. is this true? and is it permanent?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes for your blog.
    And keep your fingers warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! That's one I haven't heard jonboy! I wonder if the curator of this blog knows the answer?

    ReplyDelete