Monday, April 29, 2013

Oh, to be a caribou....



740 miles round trip later, my two day trip to Anchorage is finally over.  It was a nice ride though.  Clear skies, clear roads, and Denali and the Alaskan range were out in full effect.  

Saw some caribou today on the side of the highway and thought to myself....what a horrible existence.  Not that it wouldn't be a honorable and humble life, the life of a caribou...  It is just that....I don't care how they are majestic and beautiful creatures of the northern latitudes it is freaking cold out there.  It doesn't matter what kind of armaments evolution has armed you with, that has to suck.  No wonder they hang out by the pipeline.  It's warm and evidently they aren't "that" dumb.

This pic is of the good old pipeline and my Fiance and I raging up a huge hill on some machines.  Sorry winter....you're beat.  Go away.  High temp of 35 expected tomorrow...and it is almost May.    

No comments:

Post a Comment