Thursday, December 5, 2013

Mullets, alternators, and the forty below.

I am convinced that the mullet is making a comeback.  I'm not saying I would be hip to getting one.  I am just saying that they might be making a come back.  There was a foreigner I ran into in town.  He was rocking one.  Went to Wal-Mart and saw another.  There is even this little woman in town with a high and tight mullet. It is extremely well kept.  Business in the front, party in the rear.  Who knows it could just be the darkness getting to me.  The countdown to solstice continues.  Just a few more weeks and then we will be gaining sunlight.  Boo-ya! 

Big truck died on me the other day... well... It all started with my van's transmission crapping the bed.  Stuck on the side of the highway about 100+ miles from my place at the end of Windy Pass.  Lucky it was only -10F or so outside.  My buddy from the Cantwell Lodge came and rescued me and hooked me up with a rig for the week so I would still make my gigs at the Yukon Bar in Seward (520 miles from Fairbanks).  I can't even begin to thank them.  Mike and Janet are the best.  GO TO THEIR LODGE!! Right off the Parks Highway.  Explore downtown Cantwell.  The legendary rival community to Sicily, AK. the fictional town from the TV series Northern Exposure. 

Anyway the wife started up the truck so we could use it to go retrieve my van off the road.  Turns out it needed an alternator.  It died.  So I got that done today and even replaced the belt while I was at it.  Thank god it wasn't too cold today.  Now just to do the CV axles on my new Subaru I picked up tomorrow.  Should be good to roll to Anchorage then.  Last trip of the year.  Humpys Great Alaskan Alehouse here I come downtown Anchorage      

The temps dipped down last week to the high -30Fs.  It was cold being stuck on the side of the road.  Hopefully my new beater with a heater makes it or this ukulele guy is going to be hitching it.  I have to leave a day early.  Looks like there is an ice storm on the way.  Time to pack the arctic gear and get ready for whatever is thrown at me.      



 

No comments:

Post a Comment