Thursday, August 29, 2013

One last week of gigs and then...MOOSE!

I am about to embark on my last week of gigs before the moose hunt begins.  Even though the sun is starting to set earlier and the temperature at night is slowly creeping towards freezing I am still happy, happy for moose season.  The 20 days of the year I work very little and am up before the crack of dawn every day until I bag my bull.  I spaced out the final frozen pieces of moose and am down to my last three.  I hope I get a moose this season so that number doesn't dwindle to nothing.  Wish me luck!

On my way to my gigs down in Anchorage and Seward this weekend I will be making the final push to fill some of the empty spaces in my freezer with silver (coho) salmon.  The wife and I bagged our limit at a secret roadside location in 20 minutes the Sunday before last and the fish had just gotten in.  I'm hoping to hit the tail end of them today on my way south and again on my way north on Monday.

Sunday night I get to fill in for an Alaskan Legend, Hobo Jim.  He needed the night off for some reason and the Yukon Bar was nice enough to offer me the slot to fill.  Hopefully people aren't disappointed that I'm not a 60+ year old dude with a cowboy hat and jeans.  They will have to settle for a 30 year old dude with Carharts and a strange smell.  What is that smell you ask?  It is the smell of ukulele excellence...and b.o.

THURSDAY - Humpys Great Alaskan Alehouse - ANCHORAGE - 9pm
SATURDAY - Carousel Lounge - ANCHORAGE - 10pm
SUNDAY - Yukon Bar - SEWARD - 9pm

No comments:

Post a Comment