Saturday, October 31, 2015

The world's most northern biker bar's Halloween extravaganza!



This will be my 6th year playing one of the most iconic Halloween parties of Alaska's interior. The Howling Dog Saloon is known by many as a place of epic rocking during the post pipeline years and a historic piece of Alaskan social history. Six years ago I was asked to fill the void by another performer and take on this event. I have been honored to do it and can't wait for another chance to make it rock yet again before it closes for another season. In one more week, after their fire sale on booze to clean the shelves, the Howling Dog will shut down until May.

Tonight I popped in to the Dog and saw my buddy Mike Stackhouse playing some tunes in the front bar. Ya see, Mike likes to crash my Fairbanks gigs regularly with his guitar. Showing up and sitting in with the band or just me. Tonight I crashed his gig for an hour. Tomorrow...well technically today since I'm writing this at 1am, I'm sure he will crash mine.

Time for sleep. Tomorrow it is time to rock the Dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment