Monday, September 30, 2013

Revolvers, three wheelers, and ukuleles, oh my!

Thought I would start this post out with a very Alaskan picture of my wife and I.  Ukuleles, three wheelers, and revolvers, OH MY!

Now that regular moose hunting season is over (as of last week) and I am mooseless (well I got a bunch from last year still, but is not like having a whole moose. Time to hunker down and get my stuff ready for the winter which looked like it was all ready here but is now gone, the sun is warm still.  This however is my favorite and the shortest season of the year, fall.  This is the just the awkward few weeks in between the HOT from the winter.  Which don't get me wrong, I'm excited for some snow.  I got my Arctic Cats ready and it will be nice to finally ride them.  I bought them from a friend last month and they have been sitting and waiting for some action.  Soon my pretties, soon.

Had an awesome show Saturday night with what seems like my new Fairbanks band kinda thing.  Not that the Park Highway Band is going to break up, but sometimes it is hard for the bass player and the drummer to drive the 300+ miles to come to the city by the river where the banks are fair, Fairbanks.  So two of my local buddies and I teamed up to form the SUPERFRIENDS last night.  Electric ukulele, drum set, and an alto sax.  I didn't really know what to expect, but like all good musicians that have never played together before, it went splendidly.  That is what we call in the business, Jazz.

In other news I got accosted by two moose tonight (and perhaps a bear) when I was unloading the truck from a water run.  Not cool to hear a distressed/wounded moose call and then have two run right by you completely out of nowhere in the pitch black dark of night.  My headlamp only illuminated two moose asses at about 20ft moving up the hill fast.  There was a third animal, but it was dark.  I suspect it was a black bear, but I don't know.  The wounded or distressed cow call is very noticeable and they don't do it for no reason.   Not cool, yet hardcore.  I love Alaska.

No comments:

Post a Comment